In 2014 I felt as if things were in a constant state of movement; almost agitated. We saw friends moving, unions coming undone, friendships broken, romances renewed, jobs changed . It was busy, and quick paced. A time for swift and radical changes for many, I observed.
Our family was spared any major upheavals, and for that we are VERY thankful. We had a few hiccups and learned some life lessons, but in general, we are ending the year healthy, happy, and content.
Here some of the things I am most thankful for in 2014:
- I visited my sister in her new home in Vancouver, BC. Vancouver is a beautiful city. The kind I've never seen or experienced before. I loved it.
- I read some pretty awesome books this year, like:
- Neverwhere: A Novel
- The Fault in Our Stars
- Atonement: A Novel
- Hollow City (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children)
- I watched some fun movies with my daughter on our Mommy-Daughter movie dates, like:
- We went white water rafting in the Poconos, and discovered the boulder field at Hickory Run State Park.
- Enjoyed two (2) weeks of husband-wife time while our kids were in Vancouver, BC.
Some things I accomplished in 2014:
- Finished revisions on my first novel.
- Started re-writing my second novel.
- Re-kindled my love for knitting and crocheting.
- Revamped my blog.
- Opened Handmade Love & Joy, an online store for my knitted and crochet items on Shop Handmade.
Happy New Year!