I am sharing the recipe below.
Stuffed Green Peppers
3 large green peppers, halved and seeded
1/2 white onion, chopped
2 large tomatoes, chopped
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 can black beans, rinsed
1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon paprika
2 cups cooked rice
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Saute the onion and tomatoes until soft.
- Add ground beef and cook until brown.
- Add the black beans and seasonings.
- Bring down temperature to simmer for a few minutes, until the excess water released by the beef evaporates.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir in cooked rice and mix until well incorporated. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Spoon in rice and meat mixture into each green pepper half until filled and position on an oven-proof dish.
- Top with shredded cheese, then cover with foil.
- Roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve as is, or with any side you prefer.