Overall, 2012 was a pretty good personal year. For the most part, a lot of the good stuff dealt with my coming out as a writer and on my family's own achievements. Here's a round up of some of the things that made my year.
Things that made me happy:
- The arrival of my parents to spend the Christmas holidays with my family.
- Meeting my husband at the finisher's zone of the Philadelphia Half Marathon.
- Turning 40.
- Watching my kids perform at their school talent show.
- The increased vigilance of the citizens brought about by access to social media.
- The publication of my short story, "The Walk," in the Tall Tales and Short Stories from South Jersey anthology.
- My first article on characterization on the Fictionista Workshop.
- My first guest post on Jennifer Hubbard's blog during her Books of Our Youth Series.
- The Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.
- The aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.
- Peeta from The Hunger Games trilogy.
- The Tenth Doctor of Doctor Who.
- The 50 Shades of Grey phenomenon.
- The end of the Twilight Saga (No offense meant - Twihard here.)
- The fact that during the campaign period, we didn't hear any candidates talk about the fiscal cliff.
Happy New Year!