Well, The Rapture came and went. Guess what? We’re all still here. Instead of dwelling on all that I would have missed if the world did end on May 21, 2011, I thought this might be a good time to think about what I actually have done.
Here are ten things I have done so far:
- I married the right man.
- I gave birth to two children without any pain medication.
- I left the only home I knew and built my own elsewhere.
- I dared to pursue a dream and wrote a novel.
- I entered my writing in a writing competition.
- I taught myself how to knit.
- I voted in all of the United States Presidential Elections since 2002.
- I pursued my dream career in Fragrances and Cosmetics.
- I served on a jury in a criminal trial.
- I stood outside The White House.
I wrote them down on a piece of paper, and found that I needed a couple more sheets. Suddenly, my life seems fuller than I thought it was.
Your turn: Think about all the things you have done in your life and take some time to write them down. How many pages do you think you’ll use?